ARTICLE 7.† VACATION
A. Vacation accrual shall be based on a Pilotís longevity.† Accrued vacation shall be taken in the calendar year immediately following the calendar year in which it is earned. Vacation shall be accrued based on the following schedule:
Longevity†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Length of Paid Vacation
Less than 1 calendar year:††††††††††††††††††††† The equivalent of 1.167 days per month of
continuous service, up to a maximum of two weeks.
Completion of one (1) †††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Two (2) weeks
calendar year up to and
including seven (7) calendar
Completion of eight (8) †††††††††††††††††††††††††† Three (3) weeks
calendar years up to and
including fourteen (14)
Completion of fifteen (15) †††††††††††††††††††††† Four (4) weeks
calendar years up to and
including nineteen (19)
Completion of twenty (20) ††††††††††††††††††††† Five (5) weeks
or more calendar years:
1.†††† Vacation should be taken in the calendar year following the calendar year in which it was earned.† Available vacation may be accumulated to the maximum amounts set forth below. Such available vacation may be taken according to Section C, Vacation Bidding.
If annual†††††††††††††††††††††††††† The total vacation††††††††††††††††††† The maximum vacation
vacation earned†††††††††††††† that can be banked†††††††††††††††† that can be accumulated
is:†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† is:††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† including banked vacation is:
†††† 2 weeks†††††††††††††††††††††† 1 week†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 3 weeks
†††† 3 weeks†††††††††††††††††††††† 1 week†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 4 weeks
†††† 4 weeks†††††††††††††††††††††† 2 weeks†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 6 weeks
†††† 5 weeks†††††††††††††††††††††† 2 weeks†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 7 weeks
2.†††† Providing a Pilotís vacation bank is full, the Company will make a non-elective Company contribution into a Pilotís 401(k) account in an amount not to exceed five (5) days of accrued and unused vacation on the last pay day of the first quarter following the calendar year in which it was accrued. This contribution will not be subject to a Company match. This non-elective Company contribution will constitute an annual addition for the Plan year ending prior to the date of contribution, up to the limit allowed by IRC Section 415 for such prior Plan year, and any excess will constitute an annual addition for the Plan year during which the contribution is made, up to the limit allowed by IRC Section 415 for such current Plan year. The value of vacation days contributed to the Company 401(k) Plan will be determined pursuant to section D.1-3 of this Article.
1. The Company shall provide a Vacation Bid Preference Sheet for the succeeding year on November 1st of each year and post a notice to that effect. The total amount of available vacation for bid shall not be less than the total earned vacation. A Pilot shall bid and be awarded a vacation period based on his seniority, status, and base as of November 20th. If a Pilot cancels vacation, he must reschedule that vacation at that time.
2. The vacation bid will remain open during the period November 1st through November 20th . Vacation bidding closes at 12:00 noon (Dayton time) on November 20th. The Company will post the results of the vacation bids by December 5th.
3. If a Pilot is entitled to two (2) weeks or more vacation he may file a preference for a split ďsecondary vacation periodĒ at the time of his bid. Secondary vacation choices will be awarded by seniority after all primary vacations have been awarded. Vacation periods will be a minimum of one (1) week unless vacation eligibility is less than one (1) week.
4. The Vacation Preference Bid Sheet may designate up to two (2) weeks in the month of December which will be closed to vacation bidding.
5. In the event a Pilot is assigned to a new base or status, the Company may change his primary or secondary vacation period if that vacation conflicts with flying at the new base or in the Pilotís new status, provided that the Pilot would have been too junior in the base or status to have been awarded that vacation. The Company will provide the Pilot with a notice of the need to change a vacation period within fifteen (15) calendar days of the assignment to the new base or status and, will advise the Pilot of all remaining vacation options. If the Pilot does not select a new vacation period within fifteen (15) calendar days of receipt of the available vacation options, the Company will assign the Pilot a new vacation period.
6. If the Pilot does not establish a preference, he will be assigned a vacation period by the Company.
7. Vacations will begin and end at 12:00 Midnight, Saturday (local time) at the Pilotís base.
D.††† Vacation Pay Calculation
1. For a Pilot with one or more full calendar years of service, a week of vacation will be based on the total W-2 Compensation earned by the Pilot in the immediately preceding calendar year divided by the number of weekly payroll periods in that calendar year, or current weekly guarantee, whichever is greater.
2.†††† For a Pilot with less than one full calendar year of service, a week of vacation pay will be based on the total W-2 Compensation earned by the Pilot in the immediately preceding calendar year, divided by the number of weekly payroll periods in that preceding calendar year during which the Pilot was employed, or current weekly guarantee, whichever is greater.
3.†††† When applicable, the value of a vacation day is based on the Pilotís weekly vacation pay calculation, divided by five (5).
E.††† Vacation Payout at Separation
If a Pilot resigns, or is otherwise separated from employment, he will be paid for available and accrued vacation for which he is eligible at the time of separation.
F.††† Vacation Cancellation
Vacations may be changed by mutual agreement. In extreme operational emergencies the Company may change the Pilotís vacation in accordance with the following:
1. When extreme operational emergency causes the cancellation of a Pilotís scheduled vacation period, he will be notified as soon as practicable.
2.†††† A Pilot whose vacation is cancelled shall become subject to the following parameters:
a. A Pilot who has his vacation cancelled will be allowed to re-bid on any open vacation time.
b.†††† The Pilot may bank his cancelled vacation within the parameters set forth in paragraph B. (above), or elect to be paid for the cancelled vacation.
c.†††† If a Pilot has any non-refundable expenses for a vacation period that is subsequently cancelled by the Company, the expenses will be submitted to the Company and reimbursed to the Pilot, provided the Pilot can prove expenses were incurred prior to notification of the cancellation and the Pilot can prove he was unable to obtain a refund.